Thursday, February 20, 2014

O Woe is Me!

Is it me or is anyone else finding it harder to laugh these days? I hate to feel negative; it’s not in my genetic makeup. Unfortunately, the pressure of the world’s turbulent atmosphere is putting a real damper on my otherwise sunny countenance. Political protests are springing up everywhere leaving a trail of bodies and a multitudinous amount of anger. The rich are getting richer while the once strong middle class, myself included, disappears into oblivion. I almost expect to hear someone, somewhere, yell, “LET THEM EAT CAKE”! Global climate change is no longer something to ignore or make jokes about; it’s here and it’s real. And it sucks! My dogs have nowhere to do their business as their usual spots are covered in piles and piles of cold snow. The United Kingdom is besieged with storms and flooding the likes of which they have never known. And South Carolina suffered an earthquake last weekend. And last, but not least, is the leak in our kitchen ceiling and the fact that our front doorknob basically fell into my husband's hand last night. Now, mind you, I am certainly not predicting that the end of the world is at hand – far be it from me to feel able to make such predictions; however, as sure as I sit here typing away, something is happening. Does anyone else feel uncomfortable? I am a huge believer in the omnipotence of God and I don’t mind saying that I think He might be up to something. Do you? Survivalist training here I come, assuming that I can open the front door. Peace Out!

No comments: